Sunday, May 13, 2012

#542: Angel Lush Cupcakes


With all of the other desserts I was having at the Birthday Party/Baptism, I knew I also wanted a healthier alternative for people to choose.  I decided to make these Angel Food Cake Cupcakes since they looked different, healthy, festive and easy.  :)  In my opinion, these were just ok.  I decided to use sugar free vanilla pudding and I think it ruined the flavor of the "frosting."  I would definitely make this again, but I not use sugar free.  Otherwise, they would have been super yummy.
1pkg. (16 oz.) angel food cake mix
1pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
2cans (8 oz. each) DOLE Crushed Pineapple in Juice, undrained
1cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
2cups assorted fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries)

Heat oven to 375ºF.  Prepare cake batter as directed on package; pour into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until tops are golden brown and cracks feel dry. Cool cupcakes in pans 10 min.; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.

Mix dry pudding mix and pineapple in medium bowl. Gently stir in cool whip, cover and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes so the "frosting" starts to thicken.  Spread onto cupcakes and top with desired berries. Store in refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment