Sunday, May 13, 2012

#548: Crockpot Round Steak


My mom makes a really good round steak recipe which she cooks in the oven for several hours on low.  I had some frozen round steaks in the freezer so I figured I would try out this recipe on her when she was in town visiting for Chloe's birthday.  This recipe was SO easy and we all loved it.  In fact my mom and I both agree, we'll never make her version in the oven again.  This was was just as good and a lot easier! 

3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 onion, chopped
6 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1 inch pieces
2 pounds boneless round steak
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup water

Place the potatoes, onion, and carrots in slow cooker. Cut steak into six pieces, then place the meat on top of vegetables. In a mixing bowl, combine the soup mix, soup, and water; pour over beef.     

Cover, and cook on Low for 7 to 10 hours.               

No comments:

Post a Comment