Wednesday, May 30, 2012

#564: Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken


I was very afraid to make this recipe.  It calls for cooking it in the oven at 500 degrees with brown sugar.  I was afraid the brown sugar would burn and I'd be eating burned, caramelized chicken.  Happily, that did not happen.  I did make a change to the recipe though, as I pan fried for a few minutes on each side to start the cooking process and to brown the sides a little bit. 

We all really enjoyed this, and I would definitely make it again.  It's a little sweet so it would be great over right or in some sort of Asian inspired dish.  Allison loved this! Definitely a kid pleaser.

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used chicken breast tenders)
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 teaspoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 500°F and lightly grease a casserole dish.
In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender.  Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar.  Place chicken breasts in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes. (I only baked for about15 minutes because it was pan fried first).

No comments:

Post a Comment