Monday, May 28, 2012

#561: Saucy Grilled Pork Chops


The only way I like (and will eat) my thinly sliced, grilled pork chops is slathered in BBQ sauce.  When I came across this recipe I assumed it was made with some sort of home-made BBQ sauce.  The title is "saucy grilled pork chops" after all.  Well, this is NOT a BBQ based pork chop recipe.  And when I saw it was going to be lemon-y I assumed it would be a flop with my extended family.  Happily, I was proven wrong. These are really good.  So good in fact, that not only did Chloe eat this, but she ate the leftovers for lunch the next day.  That's a very good sign!

1/2 cup butter, cubed
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
8 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)

In a microwave-safe dish, microwave butter, covered, until melted; add brown sugar and lemon juice, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reserve 2/3 cup for drizzling.

Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Brush pork chops with remaining sauce. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Stir sauce to combine and gently rewarm if necessary; drizzle over pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment