Sunday, May 13, 2012

#543: Sweet Crispix


I don't know if this recipe really has another name.  This is just what I call it.  My friend Becky made this for book club one night and I seriously thought I was going to eat the entire bag she brought.  This stuff is yummy, sweet and addicting.  I made it for people to snack on at the Birthday Party/Baptism.  I was afraid it was going to be gone before the party and I was going to have to make a second batch (it was okay...I stopped eating it!).  Best of all, besides getting the Crispix, I had everything else on hand!!

12 oz Crispix cereal
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/4 tsp baking soda

Mix the Crispix, brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small sauce pan and boil for 1 1/2 minutes. Then add the baking soda and stir.

Place the Crispix in a large bowl and pour the sauce over the cereal.  Mix well.  Bake at 200 degrees on a cookie sheet for 45 minutes, but stir it up every 15 minutes.  Also, stir the mixture one last time when you take it out of the oven.  Let cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment