Monday, May 28, 2012

#560: Citrus Vinaigrette Salad Dressing

I know, this is not a pretty picture.  It's probably not something you are going to look at and remember seeing.  It is good though, so don't discount this one because of the photo.  I was going to take a picture of the salad, but I thought that might be misleading, so here's a photo of just the salad dressing.  :)

As far as salad dressings go I like this one, but I don't love it.  Would I make it again, for sure!  Would I make it again tomorrow, probably not.  Although because this can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge, I might make a double batch of this and just leave it in the fridge to easily eat with salads for the week.  In fact, that's a great idea and I'm going to do just that!


1/4 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil

Place all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Chill until serving. Just before serving, shake dressing and drizzle over salad. Yield: 1/2 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment