Tuesday, June 24, 2014

#1,270: Easy Drop Biscuits


Since I have an abundance of Bisquick always in my pantry, I've been making different bread side dishes to go with our dinner this week.  I figured a biscuit and some fruit and my meal prep for the family is done!  Bad news...I love biscuits and can't eat them right now so it's more of a form of torture for me!

These biscuits were so, so easy to make and the family enjoyed them.  I would definitely make this again.  



2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup whole milk (I used skim)
I also added a little bit of garlic powder

Heat oven to 400° F. In a food processor (I used a stand mixer), combine the flour, butter, baking powder, and salt; pulse until pea-size clumps form. Add the milk and pulse just until moistened.


Drop 6 large mounds of the dough (about ½ cup each) onto a baking sheet. Bake until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.  (I baked mine just about as long but I got 10 biscuits out of my mix).

No comments:

Post a Comment