Tuesday, June 24, 2014

#1,269: Slow Cooker Beef Gyros


Well this was a recipe I LOVED even though I omitted the pita and greek yogurt dip.  I wasn't sure I was going to love this as much as I did, but i honestly couldn't get enough of it.  It was SO easy to make and so flavorful. I will definitely be making this again...soon.  Maybe for an easy dinner over the 4th of July with my family.  I wonder if they will enjoy it as much as I did?!

1/3 cup olive oil
4 Tbs. lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 3/4 tsp. dried mint
1 3/4 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 lbs. think cut sirloin steak, cut in strips
1 cucumber, diced
8 oz plain Greek yogurt
1/4 tsp. dried mint
pita bread

Mix oil, lemon juice, garlic, mint, oregano, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Use a fork or small whisk to combine. Place steak in slow cooker. Pour dressing over the top and stir to combine. Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 7-8 hours.

Stir cucumber, yogurt and mint together. Serve meat in pita bread, topped with cucumber sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment