Wednesday, June 11, 2014

#1,261: Red Pepper Turkey Burger Bites

Do you ever come across a recipe and are so excited to try it, and then get even more excited because you happen to have all of the ingredients on hand?!  No?  Maybe that's just me...hopefully not though.  I was so, so, so eager to try this recipe and it did not dissapoint!  The only thing that may have made it better was if I had a little bit of cheese on top, but it certainly tasted exceptional as is.  I added the pickle piece to give it some tang and crunch and it totally made this burger even better.  I'm hoping it reheats ok because I have a lot of burger leftover and plan to eat it again for lunch tomorrow...unless I end up eating it for dinner tonight instead. :)

You might want to keep a little closer eye on your burgers than I did...as you can see from the picture it is very well done, but that's how I eat mine.  Yours may be a little more undercooked.  LOL
1 lb of your favorite burger recipe mixture.  (see below for my burger ingredients)
2-3 bell peppers, cut into wedges
Optional: cheese, pickles, favorite burger toppings and condiments, etc.

Depending on the size of your pepper wedges, take about 2 tbsp of raw burger mixture and form into a small patty and place on top of the pepper.  Continue until all of the peppers have been filled.  If you want to add cheese, you can place a slice of cheese on top at this point as well.

Grill over medium-high INDIRECT heat for about 20 minutes.  Remove from heat and top with a slice of pickle if desired.

My burger mixture ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey
1/4 red onion, diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
salt and pepper
2 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 egg white

No comments:

Post a Comment