Tuesday, June 24, 2014

#1,265: Meatza Stuffed Peppers

I love stuffed peppers and it is often a go-to meal/lunch for me because I can make it ahead of time and it easily reheats.  Even though I did not eat these with cheese added on top like the recipe calls for, I really, really, really enjoyed this.  I love the added veggies to this over a traditional "stuffed peppers" and I will definitely be making this again.  


3 Bell peppers
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
2 Cloves garlic (minced)
½ Yellow onion (diced)
1 Cup mushrooms (sliced)
¼ Cup grape tomatoes (halved) (I used petite diced tomatoes)
2 Cups packed spinach
1 Pound ground beef (I used ground turkey)
½ (15 ounce) can of pizza sauce + more for topping
1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
optional: shredded cheese to top

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Core the bell peppers and cut them each in half. In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat the coconut oil and add the garlic, onion and mushrooms. Cook until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the spinach and grape tomatoes to the pan and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.

Place the ground beef in the pan and cook until just lightly browned. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the pizza sauce and seasonings. Stuff each pepper half with ⅙th of the meat mixture. Top the mixture with pizza sauce and cheese (optional).


Bake the stuffed peppers for 15-20 minutes or until meat is browned and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment