Tuesday, June 10, 2014

#1,259: Asian Meatballs

I will admit, I love a good meatball, and it doesn't just have to be served over spaghetti noodles or in a sub!  These Asian Meatballs were SO good I've already made them twice and they are on my menu again soon.  I love that I can make these ahead of time and they reheat quickly for lunches or dinner.  


1 pound lean ground pork (I used ground turkey)
2 green onions, very thinly sliced (dark green tops excluded)
2 teaspoons coconut aminos
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon fish sauce (I omitted)
Sea salt, to taste
1–2 Tablespoons coconut oil (I omitted since I baked them)
I also added about 6 large spinach leaves chopped finely


Combine the pork (turkey), green onions, coconut aminos, sesame oil, spinach and fish sauce in a medium bowl. Mix until everything is combined but not over-mixed because that will make the meat tough.

Roll the meat into balls small balls, about 1 tbsp. I cooked mine in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through cooking time. 

If you prefer to pan fry your meatballs: Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil. Add the meatballs in a single layer, being careful not to crowd them. Brown on all sides. Repeat with the remainder of the batch.


No comments:

Post a Comment