Monday, June 16, 2014

#1,264: Kale and Cabbage Salad with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing

I learned a big thing about this recipe...cut the red cabbage into much smaller pieces!! Although I really, really enjoyed this recipe, the cabbage is so tough that unless you cut it super small (or really love hearty cabbage) it is too tough.  I loved the dressing though.  I think I might make this again without the cabbage at all, or use just shredded coleslaw mix.  It was certainly good though.  And it lasted 3 days in the fridge! The recipe posted below makes A LOT of salad, so adjust accordingly.

3 bunches organic kale, de-stemmed and torn into bite sized pieces
1/2 head red cabbage, chopped

1/2 cup sliced scallions
1 cup pumpkin seeds (I used chopped, toasted cashews...these get soft if it sits for more than a few hours)
1 1/2 cup dried cranberries

In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients.  Pour dressing over salad and mix well.

Dressing:
1/2 c cashews
3/4 c water
juice from 2 lemons
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1/4 c olive oil
salt and pepper

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment