Thursday, September 29, 2011

#381: Taco Spiced Grilled Chicken


Disclaimer: Brian took this picture.  I know I'm not good at taking "food" photos, but I think I do a little better than this one!  (PS that was just some of the chicken...this picture makes it look like I gave each one of us a really puny chicken breast).

Mmmm...Betty Crocker, this is quite a yummy recipe.  Allison and Brian really enjoyed this one.  Chloe and I were not big fans, but it wasn't because of the recipe, it's because of our love-hate relationship with chicken (not a love day for us).  I would definitely make this again...but next time I need to go grocery shopping first (I'm trying to avoid it as long as I can to use up stuff in our pantry and freezer).  Our choices of side-dishes included mashed potatoes or popcorn.  Brian chose popcorn.  :)  Odd combination!!

2 tbsp taco seasoning mix
1 tsp dried oregano
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 c BBQ sauce
2 tbsp chili sauce (I omitted)1/2 tsp ground cumin
                                          

In shallow bowl, mix taco seasoning mix and oregano. Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with taco seasoning mixture. (I only put it on one side...we thought that was enough but if you like heat to your meal, add it to both sides).  Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).

Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, mix barbecue sauce, chili sauce and cumin.  Brush sauce over chicken when it is almost finished cooking .

No comments:

Post a Comment