Sunday, September 4, 2011

#367: Sassy Tailgate Sandwiches


For years my mom has made little sandwiches that we call "hammies and turkeys."  They are VERY similar to these little ham sandwiches, and although I did enjoy these, I have to admit, I love our hammies/turkeys better.  I'm not saying these aren't good though!  These are yummy, easy, and one of the few ways I'll eat heated lunch meat.  Originally, I didn't want to spend money on the Gruyere, but it was sweet and mild, and I loved it!  I would definitely use this again in this meal, and in the future!  PS...spray your foil with non-stick spray.  I sprayed the bottoms but as you can see from the picture, the tops stuck to the foil!

12 count Hawaiian bread rolls
1 lb shaved black forest ham
12 thin slices Gruyere cheese
8 oz Philly Chive and onion cheese spread (I used plain cream cheese)
1/2 c butter, melted
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dried minced onion
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese

Cut all rolls in half. Place roll bottoms in 9x13-inch pan.  Place equal amounts of ham on each roll bottom. Top with Gruyere.

On each of the roll tops, spread a generous amount of the cream cheese spread. Return the tops to the bottoms making sandwiches.

In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, Worcestershire sauce, onion and Parmesan cheese. Pour over your sandwiches and let sit for at least 20 minutes. (You can make these ahead of time and allow to sit in fridge overnight.)

Place sandwiches, covered in foil, in a preheated 350°F oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until warmed through.

No comments:

Post a Comment