Sunday, September 11, 2011

#370: Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies


Thanks to my friend Jaime, I've been looking for an excuse to make these cookies for about a week now.  (Jaime, stop sending me yummy looking recipes!).  :) I was definitely interested when I saw that these cookies only require 2 tbsp of butter!  Although I typically like "thicker" cookies, these had an awesome texture (slightly chewy, slightly crispy).  I am DEFINITELY making these again!  YUM!!

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 egg white
2 tbsp apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (I omitted)
1/2 cup all purpose flour (I used 1 c)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°.  Lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and stir to blend. In another bowl, whisk the sugars, butter, egg white, applesauce and vanilla together until light and fluffy.


Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add just a drop of water at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out.  Fold in chocolate chips.

Drop by level spoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets.  Bake 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let them stand 5 minutes before removing the cookies from the pans to cool on wire racks.  Makes 2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment