Sunday, September 4, 2011

#366: Pear and Bacon Grilled Cheese


Since this recipe called for jelly, bacon and fruit, I decided this would be a great breakfast meal!  :)  I found this recipe in my recent issue of Real Simple (along with a California Grilled Cheese recipe that I also plan to make eventually).  This was really good!  What a great updated version of grilled cheese!

2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 slices cheddar cheese (I used Gruyere since I had some on hand)

2 slices white bread
2 tbsp currant or fig jam (I used fresh cherry/raspberry jelly)

2 sliced cooked bacon (I used turkey bacon)
1/4 small pear, thinly sliced

Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.  Form a sandwich using cheddar cheese, jam, bacon and pear.  Cook covered, 2-3 minutes per side, until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment