Sunday, September 11, 2011

#373: Mini Meat Loaves


I haven't posted a recipe from my Betty Crocker 300 Calorie cookbook in a while, but here's another recipe from it.  This was very, very easy to make and I had a bunch of extra foil mini loaf pans leftover from last Christmas (which I had hoped to use as gift containers but they were too small).  So I balled this meatloaf mixture into 5 small loaves (I doubled this recipe) and froze them until we were ready to use them.  I pulled them out of the freezer this morning and put them in the oven mostly frozen.  This baked up pretty quickly since they were so small. 

We all enjoyed this meal, but Brian probably liked it best.  I think I must have added some dried Italian seasoning to the mixture, and I could really taste it, so next time I probably should add a little less seasoning to this!  :)

1 tbsp skim milk
1 egg white
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 lb lean ground beef
2 tbsp bread crumbs (any flavor)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp BBQ sauce (I probably used closer to 1/2 cup!)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium bowl, beat milk, egg white and Worcestershire sauce with a fork.  Mix in beef, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.  Shape into 2 loaves.  Place in ungreased 8 inch square pan.  Brush with BBQ sauce. 

Bake 18-22 minutes until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160 degrees.  Let stand 5 min before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment