Sunday, September 4, 2011

#368: Pepperoni Pizza Casserole


This makes 2 casseroles, so I halved this recipe. (The recipe below is for the FULL recipe).  I made the meat filling on my freezer cooking day, and then just pulled it out last night and let it defrost in the fridge.  I reheated it in the microwave to get some of the chill out, added it to the cooked noodles and then baked it as directed.  We all really enjoyed this dinner...especially Chloe!  :)  We are definitely making this again!

1 package (16 ounces) egg noodles (I used penne)
2 pounds ground turkey
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce (I used 14 oz jar of pepperoni flavored pizza sauce + about 8 oz leftover spaghetti sauce)
1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies (I omitted)
1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I omitted)
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese (I omitted)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni  (I omitted)

In a Dutch oven, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in noodles. Transfer to two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle each with mushrooms, cheeses and pepperoni.

Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheeses have melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).

No comments:

Post a Comment