Wednesday, September 21, 2011

#378: Sausage and Vegetable Calzones


I've had this recipe bookmarked for a while now, but kept putting off making it because I didn't think Brian would eat it.  Guess what, I was right!  Knowing this though, I made mine as the recipe describes below...Brian and the girls however, had their ground sausage with pizza sauce instead.  :) 

I loved this!  Loved it!!  Next time I'm going to make this with turkey breakfast sausage because I actually like it better than Italian sausage.  We'll see if it's just as good. 


1/2 lb. bulk Italian sausage

1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms (I omitted)
1 large red pepper, cut into strips, halved
1 tub (10 oz.) Philly Savory Garlic Cooking Creme
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 can (10 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust

Heat oven to 400°F.  Brown sausage with mushrooms and peppers in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.  Drain; return to skillet.  Stir in cooking creme and mozzarella.  Remove from heat.

Unroll pizza dough on clean work surface.  Pat out to 15x11-inch rectangle; cut lengthwise in half, then cut each piece crosswise into thirds.  Top dough rectangles with sausage mixture; fold in half. Seal edges with fork.  Place on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake 15 min. or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment