Wednesday, February 23, 2011

#181: Super Easy Veggie Soup


I ran across a cooking blog and while looking for dinner ideas, I came across this vegetable soup recipe.  Since I love having healthy, filling, low point soups for lunch, I figured I'd give this one a try.

Although I think this would have definitely been better if I used fresh vegetables, the ease of this recipe gives this extra stars from me.  It's not my favorite soup, but I would definitely eat and make this again.

My version is a bit different (I added more veggies, omitted ground beef, and added a lot more vegetable juice), so you might want to check out the original recipe from Ellie's blog.

1 onion, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can of corn
1 can green beans
1 can sliced potatoes
1 can sliced carrots (I used fresh)
1 can diced tomatoes (I used 2 can petite diced)
1 can butter beans (drained)
1 can vegetable juice (recommended V8)--I used 46 oz...apparently you are supposed to only use an 8 oz can, but this recipe didn't specify!!
A few shakes of italian seasoning
I also added about 4 cups of water since I used so much vegetable juice

Dump all of your ingredients into a crockpot.  You do not need to drain the veggies, but I did drain the butter beans.  Stir ingredients together.  Cover and coko on low for 6-8 hours or high 2-4 hours. (I had to cook mine on high for about 5 hours to soften the carrots)

I got 7 large servings of this at 3 ww+ pts a piece

No comments:

Post a Comment