Sunday, February 13, 2011

#177: Chicken Fried Steak Strips

Sorry no picture this time.  I only took one and it didn't turn out.

This is NOT a ww friendly meal!  I made this in December before I finally decided to rejoin and I've been pushing this one around the menu ever since in trying to avoid eating it.  So today I figured it was about time and we better just eat it for dinner.  I found this recipe on Heavenly Homemakers (a site I haven't visited too often, but she has 5 ingredient or less recipes so I will be checking her out again...and again). 

However, I don't know if I will be making this recipe again.  : (  The flour mixture had a gummy texture to it, but I don't know if it's because I used whole wheat flour or because I froze/defrosted it?  Brian thought the meat itself was too thick.  Everyone gave this dinner a 3.5.  Not a good sign in my book!
1 pound beef cube steak
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 t. garlic powder
3/4 cup milk
oil for frying


Cut cube steak into 1 inch strips. In a bowl, stir together flour and garlic powder. Pour milk into a separate bowl. Heat oil in a skillet (350° for electric skillet or medium heat on the stove top).
Dip beef strip in milk, then in flour mixture. Dip, repeat. Dip, repeat. Dip, repeat. (More or less is fine.) Place strip in oil. Cook for about 7 minutes on each side. (Salt to taste.)

No comments:

Post a Comment