Sunday, February 13, 2011

#178: Kale Chips


My mom gave me this recipe, and since I'm basically roasting every vegetable imaginable right now, I figured it wouldn't hurt to give this one a try.  I have never eaten kale before (and if it's in my chinese food, I normally pick it out/around it).

But the kale was inexpensive, this required no additional ingredients to be bought and she claimed it would be like kettle potato chips. 

She was wrong.  : ) 

However, I still loved it!  Chloe wouldn't touch it and after much protesting Allison finally tried it and claimed that it wasn't so bad, "but it's a leaf."   

No this does not taste like a potato chip.  But it does have the crunch of potato chips so I don't mind pretending.  You can't eat this at work though because it is a little messy (who wants little green chip crumbs stuck in their teeth at work??)

Kale (Just the leaves.  Cut around the stemmy veins too)
Olive Oil (I used about 1 tsp)

Sea salt

Wash the kale and pat dry w/a paper towel.  Mix with olive oil and toss to coat.  Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 5 minutes, the flip the leaves (ahem, kale) over.  Bake about another 5 minutes, but keep an eye on these so they don't burn.

Remove from pan, and sprinkle with sea salt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment