Wednesday, February 2, 2011

#171: Steak Fries


Who doesn't like french fries??  We make baked french fries quite often because it's easy and inexpensive and I almost always have potatoes on hand.  This recipe called for Old Bay Seasoning, so I figured it was a new spice for our potatoes and I would give it a try.

YUM!  These were good!  I didn't use very much Old Bay, just in case the girls didn't like it, but they were good and next time I will definitely add more. 

4 Russet Potatoes (or as many as you need for your family)

1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Old Bay Seasoning

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Cut in the potatoes lengthwise into wedges.  Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with oil, season with salt and Old Bay seasoning and toss with your hands until the potatoes are evenly coated.  (I mixed the potatoes and oil in a Ziploc bag, then sprinkled the seasonings onto the potatoes when they were on the cookie sheet.)

Bake for 20 minutes, turn potatoes over and bake for an additional 25 minutes or until golden on the outside and tender inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment