Sunday, November 27, 2016

#1,847: White Balsamic Chicken with Rosemary


This recipe was a perfect Sunday night dinner.  During the week I look for very quick meals, or things that are mostly already cooked.  I thought this was going to be a "harder" recipe to get done on a weeknight, but that was not the case.  This would be a perfect weeknight dinner because it got on the table so quickly.  I served it with baked potatoes and a salad, so it was even simpler.  I thought I got chicken breasts, but I ended up buying chicken tenders so the was even FASTER to cook.  My family really enjoyed this recipe, so I will definitely be making it again.  The original recipe also adds pears and dried cherries or cranberries (both of which I had), but I knew they would all pick that out of the dish so I just omitted it.  Yes I know it lost some sweetness and flavor by doing that, but it was certainly sweet enough with the white balsamic and sugar in the recipe. 

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary (I used dried)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1-1/2 teaspoons sugar

Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until a thermometer reads 165°, 8-10 minutes. Remove.

Meanwhile, stir together next five ingredients until blended. Pour into skillet; add pears and dried cherries. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until pears are tender, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet; simmer, uncovered, until heated through, 3-5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional minced rosemary. Yield: 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment