Wednesday, November 2, 2016

#1,832: Homemade Pineapple Sage Tea




See that gigantic plant?  That was a tiny pineapple sage plant that my friend gave to me at the beginning of summer.  It was one of the few things that did super well in my garden this year.  I'm shocked that it's the first week of November and shockingly, still going strong!  I barely used it this year because I never knew what to do with it.  Since I know it's going to get super cold soon and it will probably perish, I decided to start searching for some recipes to use it in. Yes I know you can use it with chicken, but unless my chicken is grilled or in can for (for a chicken salad), I just don't love chicken.  I found a super simple recipe to make fresh brewed pineapple sage tea.  I loved the tea!  I tried to get my kids to try it but that all hated it.  

This made about 3-4 teacup size drinks for me, which I put the leftovers in mason jars and then just heated up in the microwave when I wanted to drink it.  I think I'm going to go heat up a cup now...

1 quart spring water (yeah I'm too lazy for that...tap water was good enough for me!)
1/2 c packed fresh pineapple sage leaves
3 tbsp honey
1 lemon, juiced

Bring water just to a boil and pour over the sage leaves.  Stir in honey and lemon, to taste.  (I also added a packet of stevia).  Steep the tea for about 20 minutes.  Strain into mugs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment