Sunday, November 6, 2016

#1,839: Weight Watchers Slow Cook Taco Soup

Photo coming soon....(I have to wait until lunch again to get a photo of this!)

Although I don't do weight watchers or count points, this soup sounded a little too good not to try.  Not that I'm opposed to weight watcher recipes in any way!  I made a few adjustments to what I had on hand (ground turkey instead of beef, petite diced tomatoes and a can of mild chopped green chiles) but it was pretty much the same recipe.  I have really been enjoying eating these for lunch the last few days.  It's relatively healthy AND it's filling!  

2lb lean ground beef (I used ground turkey and only used about 3/4 lb)
1 medium Onion, diced
1 packet Ranch Dressing Mix 
1 packet Taco Seasoning 
1 32 oz. box (low sodium) Chicken Broth
14.5 oz. can Tomato Sauce 
2 - 14.5 oz cans Diced Tomatoes with Chiles
14.5 oz can Black Beans (I used 2 cans since I didn't use as much ground beef/turkey)
1 can Corn 

Saute onions for 2 minutes.  Add ground beef and brown the meat.  Drain browned ground beef to remove excess fat.

Add ground beef mixture and all other ingredients (do not drain corn or black beans) to slow cooker.  Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6 hours.

Garnish with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and/or crushed tortilla chips if desired.

According to the original website: 
SmartPoints: 5 (about 1 cup per serving)
Makes about 8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment