Thursday, November 24, 2016

#1,843: Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash

Nothing says fall until I get some sort of squash in my house and in my weekly menu rotation!  I generally enjoy butternut squash the most, but I hate peeling it!  I love that acorn squash is smaller, easier to cut in half, AND you can eat the skin (I eat the skin of butternut squash too sometimes but I don't enjoy it as much).  Plus the litte half curvy half moon shapes are cute!  :)

This recipe was so simple and I had it in the oven in mintues!  This is definitely best eaten right out of the oven, although I did eat the leftovers the next day but the squash was much softer and just not as good.  

1 (2 pound) acorn squash - halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch slices
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 sprigs fresh thyme (I used dried because that’s what I had on hand)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Toss squash slices, Parmesan cheese, thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until the squash is evenly coated; spread into a jelly roll pan.
Roast in preheated oven until golden brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment