Saturday, November 12, 2016

#1,841: Peanut Butter Muffins

Over the weekend I try to make something for the kids to grab for breakfast during the week that is easy, mostly healthy, and hopefully has some sort of protein in it.  Although there is more sugar in this recipe than I would have liked, I decided to give these peanut butter muffins a try.  I used whole wheat flour so these are a little dense, but overall still good.  My kids really enjoyed these though so that's all that matters! 

⅓ Cup Peanut Butter
¾ Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Milk
½ tsp Vanilla
¾ Cup Flour
¼ Teaspoon Salt
1 egg
I also added a little bit (about 2 tbsp-ish) of wheat bran and some ground flax seeds to mine

Mix all ingredients together until smooth.  Fill each muffin tin ½ full. (I used mini muffins, and got 24 muffins out of this batch) 

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes; until golden and when you insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean, it is done.

Sprinkle lightly with Powdered Sugar if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment