Wednesday, September 24, 2014

#1,347: Easy Ground Beef and Riced Cauliflower Paleo Skillet

I've tried grated or riced cauliflower two or three other times now, and I have mixed reviews when I eat it.  So when I found a recipe that used minimal ingredients, but ones I typically enjoy, I was eager to make it, yet still a little skeptical of trying it.  So I made some additions and changes and I was pleasantly surprised that I loved this dish and can't wait to eat it again tomorrow for lunch, but this time over some shredded kale.  This was such a simple recipe to make, and probably only took me about 30 minutes from start to finish.  I will definitely be making this one again.  

1 lb ground beef or turkey (I used turkey)
1 onion, diced
1 jar of organic spaghetti sauce
1 can of organic diced tomatoes
1 bell pepper, diced
Mrs. Dash Tomato and Basil seasoning (to taste, but I probably used about 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp)

1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 head of cauliflower, grated (uncooked) 

In a large skillet, cook ground beef (or turkey) and onion, until the onions are soft and the ground meat is cooked all the way through.  Add in the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes for some of the liquid to reduce and the flavors to blend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment