Tuesday, September 16, 2014

#1,340: Sun-dried tomato and garlic green beans

As you can tell from my posts, I'm enjoying throwing the sun-dried tomatoes into a lot of the foods I eat lately.  It gives it a sweet/salty flavor that I'm really enjoying.  This was so simple to throw together and the beans were straight from my garden.  I'll probably eat this again tonight!
1 lb. fresh green beans 
1T olive oil 
2 T chopped garlic
1/2 red onion, diced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c water 
1/3 c sun-dried tomatoes, chopped

Trim both ends of green beans, wash and set aside.  Chop the garlic, red onion and sun-dried tomatoes.  Set aside.

Heat a heavy frying pan over high heat for 1-2 minutes, until it's too hot to hold your hand over it.  Add the oil and heat about 30 seconds more, then add the garlic and red onion for about 1 minute, stirring often.  

Add beans and salt and cook about 2 minutes, stirring several times. Then add water, cover the pan, and let beans steam for 5 minutes. 

Uncover the pan and add the sun-dried tomatoes.  Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine all of the ingredients. Add a little bit more olive oil if desired.  

No comments:

Post a Comment