Sunday, September 7, 2014

#1,336: BLT Bowl

This may not be the prettiest looking salad, but it sure as heck was good!  I made some changes to the original recipe since I omitted the avocado (I was out!) and feta (not eating it these days).  I also added extra veggies that I had on hand.  I loved this salad and will probably eat it again for dinner tomorrow!  :)


Lettuce (I used lettuce from my garden)
1 large avocado (I omitted)
2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
Half a cucumber
Handful of cilantro, chopped
4 rashers of bacon
Half a handful of feta cheese (I omitted)
I also added sauteed mushrooms, red onion, green pepper

Cook your bacon until it's nice & crispy. While it's sizzling away, chop everything else up into bite-sized squares. Throw it all in a bowl, followed by your bacon (chopped) when it's done. Crumble your feta over the top.

Pour about 2 shot glasses of good olive oil into a cup. Add a shot of balsamic vinegar, a tsp of mustard, the juice of a small lemon and a good sprinkle of salt. Drizzle over your salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment