Saturday, September 20, 2014

#1,342: Zucchini noodles with basil balsamic marinated tomatoes


Now this was such a simple lunch or side dish to make and I really enjoyed this one immensely!  Granted this would have been much better if I was using my cherry tomatoes from my garden, but I'm waiting for more of them to ripen.  I'll use those next time!  The only change I made was to add some diced red onion.

I don't know why you can't see the red onion and basil in this photo.....  :(  I swear I added it to it!!


1 heaped cup of small tomatoes, halved
splash of balsamic vinegar, about 1 tbsp
splash of extra virgin olive oil, about 1 1/2 tbsp
1 tsp finely minced garlic
1 sprig of basil, leaves finely sliced
salt + pepper
1 medium zucchini
handful of pine nuts (I omitted)

In a small bowl, combine the halved tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Toss lightly to combine and set aside for 10 minutes or so.
Using a julienne peeler or mandoline, slice the zucchini into long strands. Place them in your serving bowl and toss them with a bit more olive oil, salt and pepper.

Spoon the marinated tomatoes on top of the zucchini strands. Garnish the top of the dish with some extra basil and the pine nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment