Sunday, September 7, 2014

#1,334: Super Veggie Loaded Paleo Taco Soup


In the fall I often make different versions of taco soup, and since the weather was supposed to be in the low 70's this week, I decided it was time to make another batch, but this time very paleo friendly.  So no beans or corn for this batch.  I also wanted to bulk up on the veggies so I thew in just about every vegetable I had on hand!  I am loving eating this!  It is SO good and I've been enjoying eating this for lunch AND dinner.  :) 

1 lb ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
several shakes (each) of: onion powder, crushed red peppers, dried oregano, paprika
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups chicken stock
4 oz diced green chilies, undrained
15 oz petite diced tomaotes, undrained
1 zucchini, diced
3 bell peppers (I used a red,yellow and orange), diced
3 carrots, peeled and chopped
8 baby portobello mushrooms, chopped

Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.  Add onions and ground turkey, and cook until no longer pink, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks.  When the turkey is almost done, add the carrots and stir to combine.  Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, crushed red pepper, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.

Add the chicken stock, and remaining ingredients.  Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.  Turn the burner down to a simmer and continue cooking for about 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.  Serve with chopped cilantro and avocado or guacamole if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment