Sunday, February 23, 2014

#1,178: Banana Nutella Breakfast Bars

As I threw together different ingredients for this recipe, I was trying to make healthy cookies.  But I'm too lazy to make cookies, so I threw it all on a cookie sheet and made it into bars instead.  To me these are more like a breakfast cookie than actual cookie or bar.  Allison wasn't a big fan, but Chloe, Matthew and I were!  I threw so much together and didn't measure it out, so hopefully if you make this, it will come out pretty close to what I made.  All measurements below are approximations...add whatever you like and feel it needs!  LOL!!  Some chopped walnuts or cashews and/or raisins would be good in this too! 

PS...my bananas were defrosted from the freezer, so they were sitting in quite a bit of liquid. You might need to add some water or milk if this is too dry. 


1 1/2 - 2 cups plain oatmeal
1/3 c Nutella
2-3 bananas, mashed
2 tbsp honey
1/3 c chocolate chips

Combine the oatmeal, Nutella, bananas and honey in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread the oatmeal mixture on top.  Mine did not fill the cookie sheet, it covered about half of it, and was probably about 1/4 inch thick. 

Bake 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  I took mine out when I touched the mixture and it was dry and not very sticky.  Let cool completely then cut into squares.  I stored mine in an airtight container in the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment