Sunday, February 23, 2014

#1,177: Almond Cilantro Chicken Salad


Most of the recipe I post are not my own.  I don't try to take credit for them, I try new recipes I find, then rate and review them based on my families personal tastes.  Just because we don't like a recipe doesn't mean it isn't good...it just isn't right for our family or our likes/preferences. 

Rarely do I post recipe that I "create" mainly b/c I don't measure things out and just end up whipping things together at the last minute...and most I assume no one else will find as enjoyable as I do.  (Case in point: one of my favorite "homemade" recipes years ago was brown rice mixed with spaghetti sauce, bacon bits and thawed peas....still makes me smile to think of it even though I haven't eaten it in years!  Does anyone else think that sounds good?!)

Anyhow, I planned on making some
avocado chicken salad, but my avocados were bad.  So I had to improvise and this is what I came up with.  I'm calling it Almond Cilantro Chicken Salad, although I don't think that sounds as appealing as it was/is.  Since I also don't measure anything out, it's really a best estimate, so feel free to adapt/change to your personal tastes. 

12.5 oz canned chicken, drained
1/4-1/3 c light mayo
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp lime juice
1/8 c slivered almonds
salt and pepper, to taste.

I mixed all of the ingredients together and ate it on a freshly baked ciabatta roll...but I was also enjoying it straight out of the bowl too.  It was delicious!  Next time I'll probably add some celery.


Hopefully someone out there will enjoy my "creation"....as weird as it may be!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment