Sunday, February 23, 2014

#1,175: Sweet Potato Hashbrowns


I had two sweet potatoes waiting patiently in my pantry to be used up, so I figured this would be the perfect recipe to use them in.  Although these were good potatoes, they weren't my favorite way to eat them.  Obviously from the limited number of ingredients listed below, these were missing flavor.  I added some rosemary which made them better, but I've had better recipes/sweet potatoes.  Good, but not fantastic! 

2 medium sized sweet potatoes chopped into small cubes
3 tablespoons coconut oil
sea salt

Boil a medium pot of water.  Chop 2 sweet potatoes into small cubes.  Toss the sweet potatoes into boiling water for 5 minutes until slightly softened.  Drain the sweet potatoes and dry well.
Scoop coconut oil into large skillet and allow to heat up. Turn the heat to medium.  Toss in the sweet potatoes cubes and allow to cook thoroughly (6-7 minutes or so) and then flip. Continue this process until they are nice and brown. Sprinkle with sea salt as you go along. Your hash brown will be the crispiest if you let them cook well on each side before stirring.

No comments:

Post a Comment