Sunday, February 23, 2014

#1,176: Lazy Man's Barbecue Pork Sandwiches


The name of this recipe alone made me want to make these BBQ sandwiches!  This recipe made A LOT for my family of five, and I had hoped to halve the pork before cooking it, but I ended up buying bone IN instead of boneless.  That's okay, I figured I'd have some (a lot??) leftover to freeze for another meal.  Actually, not only did we eat this twice for dinner, I froze the rest to use as filling for pork tamales next weekend. 

I have to admit, I was a little bit shocked that my family enjoyed this meal.  I figured Brian would, but wasn't sure about the rest of us.  The two littlest ones were not super big fans but they are typically my non-meat lovers.  Allison on the hand, loved this and raved about it for days.  She even asked me to put it in her cookbook that I'm making for her of her favorite recipes so she can take it with her when she's an adult.  :)


4-5 pounds boneless blade pork roast
1 14 1/2-oz can beef broth
1/3 cup hot pepper sauce (I used a few dashes)
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
10-12 sandwich buns

Sauce:
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup prepared mustard
2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce

Place pork roast in bottom of large slow cooker. Combine broth, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce, and pour over pork. Cover and cook on high setting for 5 hours (or 8 -10 hours on low setting) until pork is very tender.

Meanwhile, for sauce, combine all ingredients in large saucepan; set aside. Place pork on cutting board; reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Coarsely chop pork; combine with reserved cooking liquid and sauce in saucepan; heat over medium heat until warm. Spoon pork onto sandwich buns to serve. Serves 10-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment