Thursday, January 2, 2014

TBT: Cornflake Chicken

Here is a recipe I posted in September of 2010, and only 41 recipes into my blog.  This is a favorite at our house, although I don't make it often...not sure why.  We had this for dinner again tonight and this is one of Allison's (my almost 7 year old) favorite meal and the one she requests when I let her add to our monthly dinner menu.  So easy, yet so good.

You will see below that the recipe says to pour melted butter over the chicken, but we always felt it make the cornflakes soggy so I stopped doing that. 

2 eggs
1/4 c. milk
2 1/2 c. crushed cornflakes
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 chicken, cut up
5 tbsp. butter (I omit)

Beat eggs. Add milk, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in mixture, then in crushed cornflakes. Place in 9 x 13 inch pan. Dribble butter over all bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.  If you use boneless chicken breast tenders like I do, this only has to bake for 25-30 minutes max. 

No comments:

Post a Comment