Wednesday, January 1, 2014

#1,147: Paleo Chili


I found this recipe here.  It was so easy and my family loved it, I don't know if I would make chili again from the powdered mix.  I even used petite diced tomatoes in mine (pureed lightly) and my family didn't complain about it at all.  The only thing I omitted was the kidney beans, which I'm currently not eating and my family doesn't like anyways.  I served there chili over elbow noodles with some cheese and oyster crackers (just like my mom did growing up), but I ate mine with a little bit of shredded cheese and some sliced green onion.  Delish!

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 large Bay leaf
1-3 T. chili powder
2 tsp. Season Salt
1/8 tsp. Cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. Paprika
1 can (16 oz.) stewed tomatoes (I used petite diced)
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 pt. (16 oz.) beef broth (you can add less if you want a really thick chili)
1 can dark red kidney beans (optional)

Brown hamburger with the onions. Add remaining ingredients, except beans (if you are using them), and simmer for 2 hours. Add beans and heat through before serving. If you make a double batch and simmer all day, the flavor gets better and better. Makes 6-8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment