Tuesday, January 28, 2014

#1,165: Sausage and Peppers Frittata


I do not love eggs...I like them, and I will eat them hot, but I usually don't love them enough to want to eat them several days in a row for breakfast.  I LOVED this recipe.  I ate it almost every day for breakfast this week.  Granted, I doubled the pork sausage so it was less "eggy," but it was still very good!

1/2 pound ground pork sausage (I used 1 lb)
1/2 cup finely diced white or yellow onion
1 cup bell peppers, small dice
6 eggs
some salt and pepper

Heat your pan to med-high and browning the sausage, breaking it into small chunks as it cooks.  When it’s close to being cooked through, add the onions and peppers. It’ll take a few minutes for the sausage to finish cooking and the onions and peppers to soften.

Crack and scramble the eggs in a bowl and season with some salt and pepper. Pour over the sausage and peppers once they are fully cooked and gently move everything around to evenly distribute. Reduce heat to the low side of medium and cover the pan.  Reduce the heat, cover and give it a few minutes. When the edges of the egg begin to pull away from the pan, and the eggs are no longer runny, it is done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment