Tuesday, January 28, 2014

#1,163: Fresh Apple and Pear Salad

 
I almost didn't make this recipe.  I wasn't sure I was going to like a mustard dressing poured over my apples and pears.  Shockingly though, I actually did enjoy it quite a lot!  This is not the kind of recipe I'm going to run and make over and over again, but for a once-in-a-while salad, I'm all for it! 

2 medium apples, thinly sliced
2 medium pears, thinly sliced
1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1/4 cup apple cider or juice
1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
1 tablespoon Pure Olive Oil
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard 2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
 
In a large bowl, combine apples, pears, cucumber and onion. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment