Sunday, September 29, 2013

#1,096: Skillet Sweet Potatoes

I can't believe I waited this long to make these sweet potatoes.  I think they were on my pinterest board all summer.  These were ridiculously easy to make and tasted fabulously!  This would be really good with some chicken sausage.  Of course, I added some bacon to this to make it even more wonderful!!

I need to go shopping for more sweet potatoes now. 

Sweet Potato
½ tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Dried Parsley
Ground Cinnamon, to taste
2 tsp Coconut Oil
3 slices cooked, crumbled bacon
Peel and dice the sweet potato into bit size pieces, about ½” cubes.  (I then cooked mine in the microwave for about 4 minutes to cut down on the cook time below).
 
Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil. When the oil is hot, add the potatoes. Stir to coat all of the pieces with the coconut oil and add the salt, parsley, and cinnamon. Mix well.
 
Cook the potatoes, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat when they are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment