Saturday, September 21, 2013

#1,084: Sweet Potato Hummus


I have tried making hummus with other ingredients several times, and it hasn't been my favorite thing to eat.  Usually I eat a little bit and then end up throwing the rest away.  That is until I found this recipe.  Holy cow is this good.  It's "eat-straight-from-the-bowl" good.  Mmmm!!  I need to go get another sweet potato because this isn't going to last long in my house!

Best of all, this is only 5 ingredients and crazy easy!

1 Large Sweet Potato
1/4 c Tahini
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
Bake and peel your sweet potato until it is very soft (I baked wrapped in foil at 425 degrees for just over an hour) Once it’s done baking, allow to cool slightly and remove the skin.  Place in a food processor with the remaining ingredients. Pulse until very smooth.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment