Friday, September 20, 2013

#1,081: Shredded Barbecue Chicken


Yesterday while shopping at Kroger, they had containers of pre-cooked and shredded chicken breasts marked down to $3.80.  Normally, I would buy an entire rotisserie chicken and shred it myself but I loved the thought of it already being done.  So I brought it home and figured I'd find a main dish to use it with.  When I dumped the chicken into a bowl, there was so much meat in there, there was enough for TWO meals!  What a deal! 

So for one of the meals I decided to whip together this super fast, BBQ chicken recipe.  There isn't much of an easier meal than this one!  Best yet, the family loved it. 

4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 1/2 cups ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
8 buns  

Stir together all the sauce ingredients and cook in a saucepan until heated through. Add the shredded chicken and heat. Serve on buns.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment