Saturday, September 21, 2013

#1,085: Pumpkin Hummus


After I put some pumpkin in my pumpkin chili, I had some leftover and needed to find a whole30 approved recipe to use it with.  Enter this recipe.  :)  

Now, this hummus is good, but in my opinion, it's not great.  It's not as good as say.....sweet potato hummus!  I'll definitely eat it and enjoy it but I probably won't make this recipe again.  I do like the addition of cilantro to this recipe but it has a slightly off taste which I can't figure out what it is.  The cumin maybe??

1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
1/4 cup roasted tahini
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp ras el hanout (optional)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbs lemon or lime juice
1 Tbs fresh minced cilantro or flat-leaf parsley

Put everything in a food processor and pulse until combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment