Friday, September 20, 2013

#1,083: Loaded Baked Potato Dip


I made this for book club last week and had the girls help me prepare it.  I had Chloe making turkey bacon on the griddle since it doesn't splash/sputter like regular bacon.  I want the girls to not only know how to cook and be in the kitchen but I want them to enjoy it as much as I do.  I was so proud of Chloe for trying to help.  Allison mixed the other ingredients for us since she was scared of the griddle. 

This was very easy to prepare and was easily made a day in advance.  It was good, but it was a little salty and I didn't love it.  I liked it a lot, but it wasn't my favorite dip to eat.  I don't know if I would make this particular dip again since there are so many other, better dips, but for the time it was good. 

2 cups sour cream
8 strips of bacon, chopped and cooked
1/3 cup of minced chives
2 tsp hot sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

In a small bowl, mix all of the ingredients until blended; refrigerate until serving. Serve with waffle fries, pretzel, Fritos or crackers. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment