Saturday, September 28, 2013

#1,091: Strawberry Cheesecake Jars

Seriously, how cute are these?  Don't they look delicious?!  My kids LOVED these.  I was going to let Allison help me make them but it took her too long to get into the kitchen because she was singing Mama Mia on the I-pod and didn't want to take a break.  :)   Could this possibly be my child or what?!  The original recipe called for raspberries, but mine went bad and I didn't want to wait for our frozen ones to thaw.  So I just used strawberries instead.  Even 18 month old Matthew loved this!  It was messy, but worth it since he enjoyed it. 

1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons honey (you could also use raspberry preserves or white sugar)
1/4 cup whole milk
zest from 1 lemon
2 cups fresh raspberries (I used strawberries)
6 graham crackers, crushed (about 1 cup)
6- 8 ounce mason jars
 
Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, honey, milk and lemon zest until smooth. Layer in each jar: 6-7 raspberries, 2 tablespoons of cheesecake filling, and 2 tablespoons of crushed graham crackers. Repeat to fill the jar, then repeat with the remaining five jars. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment