Saturday, September 21, 2013

#1, 087: Paleo BBQ Sauce #2


Later this week I'm making some grilled pork chops and really wanted/needed a paleo friendly BBQ sauce to go with it.  I made one a few weeks ago which was chunky but I didn't love it.  So I figured it was time to try a second one.  I think this recipe was on the stove in about 1 1/2 minutes...it's so easy to make.  It simmered for well over an hour so that's the worst part of making it.  I really liked it.  This will be great with our meats this week!

16 oz tomato sauce
1cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
5 Tbsp. raw honey
1/2 Tbsp. ground black pepper
1/2 Tbsp. onion powder
1/2 Tbsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium high heat and stir to combine. Taste and adjust any seasonings to your liking. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 1 hour. Pour that stuff on some meat and get elbows deep in some BBQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment