Sunday, September 22, 2013

#1,089: Paleo Peach Mango Ginger Chutney


As the weather gets slightly cooler, (I love fall by the way...the weather, not the fact that I'm at the beginning of a school year!) I have a huge taste for squash.  Any kind, any variety.  I think I need to start trying to grow some in my back yard!  Anyhow, I found a recipe for roasted acorn squash with some of this Paleo Peach Mango Ginger Chutney to go on top of it.  It sounded WONDERFUL so I ran out and got the few ingredients I didn't have on hand. 

This was really, really good.  I love the sweetness of the fruit and the bite of the onion.  It goes great together.  This was good hot or cold. 

2 Tablespoons ghee
1/4 cup onion, minced
3 peaches, diced
1/4 cup mango, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 Tablespoon orange juice
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Zest from 1 orange
 
 
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the ghee, and minced onion. Cook until the onion is translucent, a few minutes. Add the peaches, mango, garlic, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, ginger, red pepper flakes and orange zest. Turn heat to low and continue to simmer until the fruit is softened but not overly mushy. Spoon over pork burgers or chops, chicken or even salmon...OR place in some roasted acorn squash as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment