Friday, April 27, 2012

#538: Cucumber Chicken Salad Rolls


So I found a recipe for cucumber feta rolls which sounded delicious, but not something I wanted to make right now.  But it inspired me to make the same thing, but filled with chicken salad.  Aren't these cute?  They are really yummy too.  I definitely prefer to eat my chicken salad on a nice pretzel roll or croissant, but when trying to cut back on carbs, these are definitely a keeper.

The only thing I didn't like about these roll-ups is that the cucumber got soft (from the extreme amount of moisture in it!) if it sat too long.  So these are really only good if eaten immediately...at least in my opinion.

Slice a cucumber length-wise into thin strips.
Fill with any pre-made chicken salad (mine has a little mayo, and sliced carrots and orange peppers added to it), and roll up. 
Secure with a toothpick if needed. 

How simple is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment